Product added to cart
But if you don’t know how, don’t worry! You are in the right place since this article discusses the proper way to refill JUUL pods.
Read on or feel free to skip ahead:
Things Needed to Refill JUUL Pods
First thing first. Prepare the materials that you need.
Many vapers are not aware that JUUL pods are refillable. In fact, it is a skill to do so since JUUL pods are supposed to be non-refillable cartridges with patented nic-containing e-juice.
With these materials, however, you can open the cartridge and refill the pod with your favorite JUUL-compatible nic salt e-liquid:
- Small, flathead screwdriver
- Nitrile or latex gloves
- Narrow tweezers
- Paper towels
- Replacement cotton
- Compatible nic salt e-liquid of your choice
- Lamp (optional)
How to Refill a JUUL Pod: Step-by-Step Procedure
Learning how to refill JUUL pods will help you save money in the long run. It will also help save the environment since you don’t have to throw a disposable away… that’s one less piece of garbage for Mother Earth.
To refill JUUL pods, follow these steps:
- Choose a place to work. It should be somewhere with ample light, such as near a window or a good lamp.
- Place a paper towel on the table. It will catch any remaining e-juice or water that may spill during the process.
- Wear nitrile or latex gloves on both hands. Salt nic juices contain high concentration levels of nicotine that may get absorbed through the skin upon contact.
- Push the plastic tabs using the screwdriver upward to remove the mouthpiece.
- Use narrow tweezers to remove the used cotton pads from the device.
- Dip the Q-tip in warm water and squeeze out excess water. Use the damp Q-tip to clean the inside of the JUUL pod.
- After cleaning the pod, cut the new cotton to an appropriate size using scissors. Place it inside the pod.
- To clean the bottom part of the pod, remove the rubber seal using tweezers to expose the reservoir. Clean with a damp Q-tip.
- Place the flavor cap at the lower part of the pod and fill the main reservoir with your choice of e-juice until it reaches just below the fill line. Make sure not to drop any liquid on the metal chimney in the middle.
- Squeeze the edges to reseal the pod. Also, ensure you have properly replaced the rubber seal to prevent leaks. Let go of your hold once you have secured the seal in place.
- Put back the mouthpiece until you hear a click.
- To clear excess liquid, blow through the mouthpiece. It is ready for vaping when no liquid comes out anymore.
To use the newly refilled pod, gently puff to remove e-liquid from the chimney. You can vape normally if you don’t hear gurgling sounds.
How to Choose E-Juice to Refill JUUL Pods
The skill of knowing how to refill JUUL pods is not the only thing you should know. You must also be conscious of the e-liquid you use.
Not all e-juices are JUUL-compatible. JUUL pods are meant for salt nicotine liquid only. Using CBD vape or freebase nic may damage the pod and the battery.
It should also not be filled with a juice that is stronger than its original liquid. So, choose the juice with the same strength as well as consistency.
Downsides of Refilling JUUL Pods
While it may seem cool when you know how to refill JUUL pods, you should also know that it has some downsides.
Since JUUL pods are not meant to be refilled, doing the steps above may damage the device. It is especially true if you are not yet skilled in refilling. Any damage to JUUL pods due to attempted refill voids its warranty.
The pod may also leak because the seal has been removed when it shouldn’t. If you could refill and return the seal without problems, the pod may still need regular maintenance and cleaning to ensure the liquid cannot get into places it shouldn’t, such as the device's interior.
JUUL pod atomizer coils are not meant for long-term use. While vapers can refill the pods several times, the atomizer coil may not last that long. Using refillable nic salt e-liquids with sweeteners leave deposits that further shorten coil life.
Did You Know?
Did you know that one JUUL pod is actually equivalent to smoking approximately 20 cigarettes?
JUUL pods are available in the market in 3% and 5% nicotine strengths. 3% nic strength contains 23 mg of nic per pod, while 5% pod has around 40 mg of nic!
Thus, one pod is roughly estimated to equal 20 cigarettes making JUUL one of the strongest e-cigarettes in the market.
Where to Buy
Are you in need of any JUUL products, from pods to accessories? Or, perhaps you are looking for a JUUL-compatible nic salt e-juice?
If you are, check us out at Vape Shack! We carry different brands of vapes, e-liquids, accessories and kits! We are your one-stop shop for all your vaping needs.
We guarantee that all our products are authentic and come from trusted, popular brands.
Successfully refilling a JUUL pod is no easy feat. It requires constant practice to achieve the skill of stuffing new liquid into a disposable cartridge.
But once you know how and practice it to perfection, you can successfully refill a JUUL pod. Just beware of the disadvantages of refilling a disposable cartridge since it can damage the device or lead to possible leaks.