Product added to cart
Vaping is becoming more and more popular all over the world, and for good reasons. First of all, vaping is very versatile, with enthusiasts being afforded tons of options in terms of device style and features, nicotine levels, and e-liquid flavors. Secondly, unlike traditional cigarettes, vape devices don’t produce tar residues and smoke, meaning your teeth won’t get stained and you won’t be exposed to the thousands of harmful chemicals produced by the burning of cigarettes.
That being said, you might be thinking of switching to vaping, but you don’t yet know where to begin. This article will serve as a guide to help you begin.
Contents of a vape device starter kit
As a novice vaper, you might want to consider getting a vape starter kit. Although they are less customizable than more advanced types of vape devices, they typically provide everything that one might need when starting out on this hobby.
There are many vape starter kits available in the market, but their basic components are fairly identical. These include the following:
- Batteries – The batteries are the power source of the device. This energy is used by the atomizer to produce the heat that is needed to create the vapor from the e-liquid.
- Charger and adapter – Starter kits typically include a charger and adapter which you will use to power up your device’s batteries.
- E liquid – The e-liquid, also known as e-juice or vape juice, is the liquid that is turned into vapor when one is vaping. It is available in hundreds of different flavors, thus making it a very important component when it comes to personalizing your vaping experience. They also come in different nicotine levels ranging anywhere from 1.5 mg to 24 mg. Others contain no nicotine at all.
When choosing your e-liquid, make sure that you are buying from a reputable company or manufacturer to ensure that you’re getting the highest-quality products. You can check out Vapeshack’s various e-liquid products to get started.
- Atomizer – The atomizer is an essential component of every vape device. It contains the coil, which generates the heat as the power from the battery passes through it. As the coil warms up, the heat transfers to a reservoir inside the atomizer that contains the e-liquid.
Atomizers come in different varieties, including disposable atomizers, atomizers with replaceable coil heads, and rebuildable atomizers. Starter kits typically will have disposable atomizers in them because these are the most basic of all atomizer types.
On the other hand, atomizers with replaceable coil heads usually offer additional features such as the ability to control vapor and flavor production. Furthermore, since the coil is replaceable, the overall cost over time is less compared to disposable atomizers.
Among the 3 types of atomizers, rebuildable atomizers offer the greatest flexibility in terms of component customization. Thus, they also tend to provide the best user experience. However, they are typically recommended only for advanced vapers, since there is a learning curve involved when it comes to assembling these devices with rebuildable components.
Assembling your vape device starter kit
The finer details of assembling your vape device starter kit can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but essentially it involves the following major steps.
- Removing the tank and atomizer assembly from the battery – Most starter vape kits simply require the disassembly of a mouthpiece on top so that it can be filled with e-liquid from the top, while others involve the removal of a single atomizer component at the bottom, which is the case for bottom-filling devices. Nevertheless, some devices have more components that need to be disassembled. For instance, there are those that have a coil component that have to be saturated with e-liquid first before being attached to an airflow base, and then to the actual filled-up tank.
- Filling the tank with e-liquid – The tank is usually tilted at an angle so that the air hole chamber at the center is not soaked with e-liquid.
- Screwing the pieces back together – It is important to make sure that the components are properly in place to avoid e-liquid leakage.
- Allowing the e-liquid to soak the wick – The device need to be left for a few minutes so that the e-liquid can be wicked away properly.
When you are a new to vaping, it pays to use a starter kit that will provide you with all the essentials you need for a rewarding vaping experience. As you become more advanced with your vaping skills, you can then experiment with building a customizable device that will allow you to take your experience to the next level.